[Hampshire] raspberry pi and educational software

Author: Roger Munford via Hampshire
To: hampshire@mailman.lug.org.uk
CC: Roger Munford
Subject: [Hampshire] raspberry pi and educational software
I was recently lucky enough to be involved in a development project in a
remote community in Ethiopia which involved installing solar and batteries.

Whilst we were there we visited the local school which had an "ICT"
centre with a single PC and a further PC used by the staff. It was
basically a large mud hut with a earth floor. Despite this the school
had managed to get 25 students into higher education. I thought that
they could benefit from a few raspberry pis.

On the way back I met a German development economist who was working for
the EU in Botswana . He said they were interested in a UK product "the
raspberry pi".

I promised to send him some background info about the raspberry pi and
how it could be used in education which I know it must but haven't had
experience myself.

Can anybody suggest resources links that would be useful to pass on? I
haven't started yet but can imagine somebody out there may have much
more experience.

Regards

Roger

--