Re: [Hampshire] HDDs and UUID

Author: Stephen Davies via Hampshire
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] HDDs and UUID

What make of enclosure are you buying?

Anyway, I have taken Raid-1 drives from a QNAP Nas and mounted them
successfully in a USB Enclosure.

Going the other way, I'd not even mount the drive readonly until I have
checked to see if utilities such as 'gparted' can read the partition table.

HDD's are pretty cheap these days. I'd probably not risk any issues but
buy a new HDD of the same or larger capacity and once the drive was
partitioned, formatted and mounted, I would simply do a cp -av {source}
{Destination}
Then my original drive is now a backup.

Just a few things to consider.

I've been doing a lot of this sort of thing recently when I've been
sorting out my Photo Archive (2.7Tb, 120K+ images)

Stephen D

--
Please post to: Hampshire@???