Re: [Hampshire] Portsmouth and South East Hants LUG - SURP…

Author: Thomas Kluyver via Hampshire
To: hampshire
CC: Thomas Kluyver
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Portsmouth and South East Hants LUG - SURPRISE NO APRIL MEETING!
Hi all,

Greetings from Edinburgh! I moved away a couple of years ago, but stayed on the list in case I happen to be down near there at the right time for a PLUG meeting. Sadly, that hasn't happened yet.

We had an EdLUG meeting on Jitsi recently, and it worked pretty well for most people, with a couple of caveats:

- We asked everyone to use Chromium/Chrome, because apparently one person on Firefox can cause issues for everyone. People are working on this, so hopefully it won't be necessary next time: https://github.com/jitsi/jitsi-meet/issues/4758
- A couple of people couldn't hear any sound until they allowed it to access a microphone.

Some people tested out Apache OpenMeetings as an alternative - I missed the test, but apparently there were more issues even with fewer people trying to connect.

Best wishes,
Thomas