Re: [Hampshire] web browser recommendation

Author: Peter Alefounder via Hampshire
To: hampshire
CC: Peter Alefounder
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] web browser recommendation
Here's something odd. Today I found my Chromium would not work at
all, and I had to re-install it. Facebook has stopped complaining
and another web site which would not load properly now does so.

I can only guess that it had become corrupted in some way and/or I
now have a newer version. Anyway, the problem has been resolved.

Keith Edmunds said:
> > running Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
>
> That's over six years old. If you want an up to date web browser, do it
> the honour of providing it an up to date operating system to run on.

The laptop is only 3 years old. My internet connection is too slow for
system updating to be practical, it took long enough just for one web
browser! I think the same would be true for a VM or Docker as suggested
by James Courtier-Dutton. Thanks, James, they do look interesting, and
I had not heard of Docker.

Perhaps sometime I will get a DVD with a newer Linux, but not Ubuntu
if I can avoid it - I don't really like it, but it was the only type
of Linux on offer.

Peter Alefounder.

--
Please post to: Hampshire@???