Re: [Hampshire] Profiles

Top Page
Author: Adam Piggott via Hampshire
To: hampshire
CC: Adam Piggott
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Profiles

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x57600050.hantslug.org.uk.15394': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Sat Sep 3 23:11:59 2022 BST
gpg: using RSA key 9BA886588E626FF94A2BED3D9179BB322CFE0DEA
On 03/09/2022 16:18, Bruce Hepburn via Hampshire wrote:
> Hello Adam,
>
> Thanks for your help.
> Unfortunately it is some time since I last used Ubuntu, but my memory is not so good these days.
> For what I used it for I found Ubuntu easy to use.
> However, with Manjaro I struggle to fine the equivalent to Windows 'user/App-Data/roaming etc in Manjaro.
> I have a printed book on Ubuntu so will give that a try instead.
> Thank you for your kind help.

Hi Bruce,

Apologies for using too much jargon. The tilde character ~ is used to refer to one's home folder on Linux. You should be able to navigate straight to your home folder via the "Home" icon on your desktop. It's often under "/home/your-username", so in my case would be "/home/adam".

Files and folders that start with a dot . are hidden by default, e.g. ".thunderbird". With the File Manager open, you can use the keyboard combination "Ctrl H" to show/hide hidden items.
--
Adam Piggott, Proprietor, Proactive Services (Computing)
https://www.proactiveservices.co.uk/