[Hampshire] Home router with DMZ - any suggestions

Author: A. J. Trickett via Hampshire
To: Hampshire LUG
CC: A. J. Trickett
Subject: [Hampshire] Home router with DMZ - any suggestions
Hi,

In the near future I'm hoping to get FTTP. The roll out in France
is fibre to the actual house with a single RG45 Gig-E connection
from the media converter.

For my money I get:
2 Gig download speeds
1 Gig upload speeds
1 x IPv4 address
1 x IPv6 block
No transfer cap

I think they also give you a crappy ISP router/switch which you
may or may not have to keep.

Assuming I can swap the device out I'm thinking of setting my own
router up, with WAN, DMZ and LAN ports. Because the address is
static, I can route stuff to the DMZ and keep that separate from
everything else.

One of the reasons for doing this is so I can run WireGuard
directly on the router and hook it to other houses with family
members in, and to my server in York (to get a UK GeoIP).

I'm happy with the software, using a stripped down Debian, or
router distro, but not sure what hardware to look for.

Any suggestions?

--
Adam Trickett
Saint-Malo, Bretagne, FRANCE

Wind is a finite resource and harnessing it would slow the
wind down which would cause temperatures to go up.
    -- Joe Barton
       US House Energy & Commerce Subcommittee member

--
Please post to: Hampshire@???