Re: [Hampshire] Home router with DMZ - any suggestions

Author: A. J. Trickett via Hampshire
To: Chris Ellis
CC: A. J. Trickett, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Home router with DMZ - any suggestions
Chris,

On Mon, 12 Apr 2021 at 05:35:59PM +0100, Chris Ellis wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 12, 2021 at 3:45 PM A. J. Trickett via Hampshire
> <hampshire@???> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > In the near future I'm hoping to get FTTP. The roll out in France
> > is fibre to the actual house with a single RG45 Gig-E connection
> > from the media converter.
> >

> I run one of these: https://www.mini-itx.com/~JNF9HG-2930
>
> Has quad onboard NICs, fanless and enough CPU to do firewalling / VPN
> / home server.
>
> It's a little dated now but there are plenty of similar boards
> available with a good number of gig ports.

Yes, I see what you mean.

> Another option could be something like an Odroid H2+, which has dual
> 2.5Gbe ports.

Nice, but supply issue, and only two ports...

> I run openSUSE on it with NF-Tables for the firewall, nothing fancy
> but simple and effective, I don't need a GUI or similar.

Exactly what I was thinking!

> I also have a wifi card in it and run hostapd for some wifi as well as
> some other access points.

I'm umming and ahing about that too....!

--
Adam Trickett
Saint-Malo, Bretagne, FRANCE

In a world without walls - who needs windows?
    -- anon

--
Please post to: Hampshire@???